Thanks for looking


All artwork for sale contact me by email karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com

Friday 22 March 2013

After Colin Davidson

I assume that most artists are trying to achieve their own style and those that already have it are trying to keep it.
I'm very much the former but feel like I'm getting there. Without doubt my favourite subjects are figures and portraits , be they human or otherwise although I know I prefer human as opposed to dogs despite the pet commissions I have done.

In the meantime I continue to learn and scour the Internet for inspiration and ideas.

I was at my art cub when one of the ladies came in with a portrait by Colin Davidson of Michael Longley (it can easily be found on the net but I daren't put it up here for copyright and comparison reasons , ha ! )
She had brought it knowing it was my type of thing and how right she was.

I'm not particularly well informed of contemporary artists and Colin is certainly one I hadn't heard of , although why is a mystery as he is very talented and well known in the art world.

Anyhow struck by his brilliance I had to have a go at copying after all it's what artists do isn't it.

Colin's piece is in oil and measures 127cm x 117cm ! That's big !!!

Mine is pastel and measures 28cm x 20cm , thats smaller !!

Colins work can be found at www.colindavidson.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make any comment you wish they all help.