Thanks for looking


All artwork for sale contact me by email karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com

Monday 14 July 2014

Figure drawing , Jeremy Mann

Every figurative , portrait artist worth his salt will tell you that drawing from a live figure model is an absolute must and I have no reason to disbelieve that. However not ever having done it I can't comment.
it's something I would really like to try and one day I know I will. One day ! 

So in the meantime I have to find photos , paintings etc online and one of my favourite artists is an American chap, Jeremy Mann.

I can't post any of his work here for obvious data , copyright reasons but go search for him, he's well worth a look.

The below charcoal sketch is taken from one of his paintings , simple titled " figure no 4" 

The panting is simply stunning .....go on take a look...oh yes and if you look anything like this and want a modelling job ! Lol

Two different tonal finishes. 





1 comment:

  1. Hello

    My name is Mihail Zablodski, and I am an artist who recently came across your remarkable art website. I am writing to express my admiration for the platform you have created and to inquire about the possibility of featuring my artwork on your website.

    I would like to know could you write about my night cityscape series.
    https://zablodski.com/CITYSCAPES.html

    About me-
    I'm working in a variety of media including video, animation, oil paintings, illustrations, novels, and drawing. My works are presented at galleries internationally. Also I received many awards for animations and for comic-book supporting Woman rights (UN competition).

    ReplyDelete

Please make any comment you wish they all help.