Thanks for looking


All artwork for sale contact me by email karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Hannah Hauxwell

From the same Yorkshire Dales folk book mentioned in earlier post I found an article on Hannah Hauxwell, the lady farmer who was subject to an ITV documentary.
When she found fame I always remember that ITV commissioned an artist to paint her. He worked for weeks and had her wearing her sunday best complete with hat. At the unveiling Hannah stared at it and the world waited with baited breath for approval from this very unassuming lady.  

She pondered and then said , "I like the Hat" !

This effort of mine is a 30 min sketch that I might try again sometime with pastels.
 The weird halo type lighting is because my scanner is acting up...or is Hannah an angel on earth...!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make any comment you wish they all help.